Welcome To Your Life

Lilypie Baby Ticker

This is an account of the magical creation of life. Andy and I (Siobhan) are creating this place in order to document our feeling through this process... but more importantly to give us somewhere we can record the little things that might otherwise get lost along the way of this monumental voyage of having our first baby. Fig.. This is for you.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The beginning

Well this is it the first record of your little magical life.........



Daddy and I (not that I have bothered telling him about it yet ;) but by now I’m guessing that you know how laid back he is) will be tracking your development here, telling you all the little things that we hope and want for you. Aspirations that would otherwise be lost in the years of wiping snot from your face, putting plasters on your knee and staring into what I have no doubt are the most beautiful eyes in the world (given how lovely your Daddy’s are!!).

So at this moment in time we don’t know how old you are, well Dad and I that is……. I’m sure you are fully aware!! I think about 5 weeks but we won’t know until the 7th December 2005 when we go to see the Midwife.

Andy made the picture for me yesterday. You see how pleased we are to have you, your Granny Blackburn is SO excited that i'm pretty sure she's gonna faint at least once before you are born!

At the moment I am feeling like a big fat whale even though have hardly grown at all, perhaps it is me preparing for the shock of being twice the size. It makes perfect sense to me – imagine I’m half way there and when I am, I’ll think I’m wasting away!! I am very worried about how we will all cope, but as your old man keeps saying, all you need is love.

So before I become Shiv the mum I think you should meet Andy and Shiv the young:

This is how we met. No not at a tranny convention (see bald man in background) in the Pantomime of sleeping Beauty. ~ I think you might want to go and fetch your self a sick bag at this point ~ because it really was a fairytale meeting. Dad was the Baddy and I was Sleeping Beauty...... So I guess the business of Good always triumphs over evil isn't always true ;)

And this is your Daddy, on a night out :)

Here are some of us chilling out with friends, friends who if we still know now probably look completely different and like boring old men to you!!

Well I’m going to leave it there for now, there are months and years to keep updating this and sharing things with you, months and years that I promise to do my best for you, to support you and help you be everything you want to be.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home